- It is strongly recommended that children read and/or are read to at least 30 min a day?
- When children read and are read to, they increase their vocabulary, reading comprehension & spelling?
- Books contain three times as many rare words (30.9 rare words per thousand) than a conversation?
- That children who utilize the Internet and /or CD ROMs in homework do better on tests?
- Most children each year spend about 1,500 hours in front of TV vs. 900 hours in a classroom?
“If every child were read to daily from infancy, it would revolutionize education in this country.”-- U.S. Education Secretary Richard W. Riley